Hi, I’m Frank Vega, welcome to my blogsite!
Twenty-some years ago, I thought working in the IT/IS field would be a “good fit” for someone who thrives on continuous learning. Today, I still think so!
As I continue to learn, I look forward to using this site to share my experiences, thoughts, and reflections in applying lean-agile principles and the Kanban Method in software development along with eXtreme programming (XP) practices, object-oriented design, and pattern-oriented software architectures.
In my software development experiences these interact and converge in ways I find intriguing (and beneficial) and today feed my passion for learning.
What’s my software development background?
- 25+ years IT/IS field, last 16 focused on software development including roles of Director (Web Video Programming Team), Software Architect, Technical Team Lead, and Developer.
- Accredited Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP), as recognized by Lean-Kanban University.
- Independent contractor/consultant, providing coaching in Lean-agile & the Kanban Method in software development, XP Practices, Object-oriented Design, and Pattern-oriented Software Architecture.
- Active in Agile-Denver (board member), Agile Denver Kanban SIG (started and now lead this special interest group), Lean Systems Society, and Limited WIP Society.
- Formal education includes an MS in Computer Information Systems, and a BS in Applied Math/CS.
See More of My Story and for additional background.